Thursday, January 13, 2011

Weather: 0, Furball: 1

All day long I was looking forward to running outside tonight.  Much to my dismay, I walked out of my office to find a light dusting of snow on the ground and more falling from the sky.  Ugh.  I hate the snow!  I came home, crawled into my bed and laid there for about an hour and a half, trying to work up the courage to face the outdoors.

Finally, I just had to go for it.  I tossed all my running clothes in the dryer so they'd be toasty warm when I put them on and suited up.  On the bottom, I had a pair of running tights and a pair of heavy Under Armour pants.  On top, I layered a skin-tight UA top, another longsleeve shirt and a fleece jacket.  Then, just to make sure I didn't freeze my tail off, I added a hat and mittens and headed out the door.

Distance: 3.0 miles
Time: 29:09
Avg. Pace: 9:43

Once I got moving it wasn't too bad.  I wasn't in love with getting pelted in the face by snowflakes, but it beat running in place!  When I got home, I was BOILING! 

When you live in Wisconsin there's only one way to put the flames out: Beer.

I quick changed clothes and met Mr. Furball and a friend at a local watering hole for a couple of beers.  However, I am a traitor to my hometown.  I don't like the local brew:




I much prefer the brew from St. Louis:





After a quick dinner and a little relaxation it's bed time for me.  I've been dragging in the mornings and I think a solid 8 hours might help!

What's your favorite beer?

2 comments:

Kara said...

Running in the snow makes you feel hardcore doesn't it? If it wasn't for that cold and wet part, I'd be much more of a fan :)

My favorite beer is Blue Moon, but I'm also a huge fan of Abita Purple Haze...it's hard to find, but totally worth it when I do!

Mary said...

Yeah, it really does make you feel like a badass!

I like Blue Moon and have never tried Abita Purple Haze. I'll have to see if I can hunt some up!