Monday, January 24, 2011

Namaste

I hate Monday mornings, but I love Monday nights!  Tonight's yoga class was awesome.  The instructor must have decided that we were a class of overachievers or something, because she offered some more advanced variations of poses for those of us willing to try them...and I love a challenge.  I was one of two people in my class that achieved One Legged King Pigeon Pose (also called Royal Pigeon).  It looks something like this:

Needless to say, I was stoked!  I think I might have a new favorite pose.  My former favorite is Dancer.




I really like pushing both my mind (which often tries to convince me that I'll never be able to do the pose) and my body (which often resists doing what I want it to) in that class. 

My instructor also has a "theme" for each week and this week's theme was Energy.  Essentially, our bodies are full of energy and yoga maximizes that energy.  Interesting.

Now it's time to take my zen-ed out self to bed!

Do you practice yoga?  If so, what's your favorite pose?

No comments: