Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to the Grind

After 5 1/2 blissful days off it was time to return to reality this morning.  Fortunately I had a little help from my favorite coffee place.

A large coffee was just what I needed since I'm a total coffee junkie.  Anyway, after a 8+ hour work day I considered heading straight to the gym to get my mileage and some lifting in, but opted to go home for a little while first and hopefully avoid the hoards of Resolutioners that always seem to appear in early January and disappear by the end of February.  I finally made it to the gym around 7:00pm (For those who care I work out at the gym in my husband's office building.  It's really small, but well-equipped and everyone pretty much minds their own business.)  I spent the first 1/2 hour on the dreadmill and then another half and hour lifting/doing my abs.  I couldn't believe how sore I was from yesterday's 6-miler.  I guess it's been a while since I ran that far, so it's to be expected.  I had hoped to run faster than I did (I don't like treadmills and just wanted to get it over with), but considering the condition of my legs, I'll take what I did!

Distance: 3.0 miles
Time: 31 minutes
Avg. Pace: 10:20

I was hoping to run outside this week, but the temperature is only supposed to be in the low to mid-twenties all week.  My general rule of thumb is that it has to be at least 30 degrees before I run outside, so it looks like this week will be all about the dreadmill and the indoor track.  Boo.  I much prefer running outside!

How was your day?  Are you a coffee junkie?

No comments: