Monday, January 10, 2011

Pulling The Trigger

Frank Shorter (1972 Olympic Marathon Gold Medalist) once said, "You have to forget your last marathon before you try another.  Your mind can't know what's coming."  I guess I must have finally forgotten my first marathon because I'm officially registered for my second.  124 days until race day!  Now all I have to do is train for it!

The training plan I'm using calls for Monday to be a day of rest, but since Mondays are the only day I can fit in a yoga class, I went to yoga.  Not to worry, this is a really basic class (read: no crazy inversions, advanced poses, high temperatures) and I know from experience that I need a little extra help in the stretching department.  I think that the Monday night class will actually be beneficial the day after my long runs, which progress from 6 miles this coming Sunday to 20 miles 16 weeks from now. 

Over the weekend I squeezed in a 6 mile run (okay, really 5.97 if we're getting technical) just to try to get back in the habit of running longer on the weekends.

Distance: 5.97 miles
Time: 59:28
Avg. Pace: 10:00

And now I'm off to bed!

No comments: