Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend Recap

For the last couple of days, I've been  a complete and utter slug...and I liked it!  I was feeling a bit worn out, so I opted to let one of my 3 mile training runs fall by the wayside this week in favor of doing other things.

Friday night found me having a quick beer with some friends while discussing our plans to do the Warrior Dash.  Check out the video for a sampling of what we'll be up against.



After that, Mr. Furball and I grabbed a quick dinner and became couch potatoes for the rest of the night. It was so relaxing and I finished the book I was reading. That's 2 books finished in 2011...I'm on a roll!

Saturday was spent doing a few things around the house, petting bunnies and watching football! Did anyone else watch the Packers/Falcons game? All I can say is EPIC! I really hope that the Packers beat the snot outta the Bears next weekend and go to the Superbowl. It'll make running the Green Bay marathon that much sweeter!

Today was long run day. I laid around on the couch, stalled, procrastinated and did everything under the sun to talk myself out of going out in 15 degree weather. It didn't work. I bundled up (3 layers on top, 2 on the bottom, hat and gloves) and took off. I have to say, I'm glad I went.

Distance: 5.98 miles
Time: 58:05
Avg. Pace: 9:43

It felt great! Now if I could just get people to shovel their sidewalks, I'd really be in business!

I followed my run with a quick trip to Whole Paycheck Foods.  I needed to restock my stash of honey almond butter and pick up a few veggies for dinner this week (and those two spoiled little furballs I live with).

Now, I'm going to go surf the internet for a bit and possibly get started on reading another book.  The Husband received a copy of Runners on Running from the publisher in exchange for a review, but since he's tied up with another book at the moment, I think I'm going to have to give it a preview read!  From what I can tell, it's a compilation of inspiring stories from famous runners - including a few of my personal heroes.  I'm hoping to gain a whole lot of inspiration and a few new running mantras by the time I'm done.

What are you reading right now?  Do you have any mantras you live by?

No comments: