Monday, October 31, 2011

An Apology

Dear Body,

I owe you one hell of an apology. For the last six weeks I've stayed up too late, fed you a steady diet of junk food, alcohol and enough caffeine to make an elephant bounce off the walls, and slacked on exercise.  In short, I've treated you like crap.  I'm sorry. 

I'm offering you this humble apology and a promise to try to be better - starting today.  After the day I had, all I really wanted to do was order takeout and lay on the couch watching reruns or reading.  Instead, I laced up my running shoes for the first time in 3 weeks and took you out for 3 miles.  Considering what I've done to you, you performed pretty well (or at least I think you did - since my Garmin died half a mile into the run).  I'm pretty sure that you were pleased with the curried lentil soup and a bagel I fed you after the run too! 

And now, in keeping with my promise to treat you better, I'm going to read for a little while and then head off to bed in hopes of getting 8 solid hours of sleep.

Love,
Rabbits&Runs

P.S. We have a date with a yoga mat tomorrow night.

No comments: