Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm Baaaack!

Tuesday and Wednesday did not provide good running weather.  It was well over 90 degrees even long after the sun went down and I am not built for heat, thus I stayed in the air conditioning.  A nasty storm last night ushered in a beautiful cool front so after work, it was time to run.  After my lack luster performance over the weekend I was worried as I set off.  I don't know what I was so worried about.  True to form, I went out too fast, but it just felt so good!  My first mile was a blazing 9:16.  I knew that I couldn't maintain that kind of pace, especially as my route heads solidly uphill after about 1.5 miles.  I could live with that.  I may have had to pause a few times - still coughing up weasels - but I almost felt normal!

Distance: 3.0 miles
Time: 29:34
Avg. Pace: 9:51

Now it's time for me to park it on the couch, pet some bunnies, and watch this week's episode of Deadliest Catch (the only tv show I watch on a regular basis).

Are you a tv watcher?  If so, what's your favorite show?

No comments: