Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wiggle War Recap: Week 1

So here I am, one week after I declared War on The Wiggle.  It hasn't been easy and I've been far from perfect in my efforts, but I am definitely seeing progress. 

According to my scale (which has never worked right and I'm seriously considering buying a new one), I'm down a couple of pounds - which is probably water weight, but I'm not complaining since my pants seem to be a little less tight. I was pretty good about watching what I ate (if you don't count going out to eat a few too many times over the weekend). And I managed to drag my butt out in the cold and run a whopping total of 6 miles and The Husband and I logged another 4 miles walking on Friday night.

If this is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Obviously, I have a lot of room for improvement, but I'm not entirely displeased. 6 miles beats the crap out of 0 miles.  Eating better is better than eating like a teenager.

Week 2 of the Wiggle War is going much better.  The Husband and I went grocery shopping on Sunday and restocked our bare kitchen, so we've been eating at home (a huge win). I've already logged 6 miles this week (and my speed and endurance seem to be improving a little bit) and I know I'll be adding to that total before the week is over. Most importantly, I'm continuing to feel better and better - which to me is the most important part of the Wiggle War.

And now, just because, I'll leave you with a gratuitous rabbit picture!
Spot - half in the bag!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luvs bunnies!!! And the other pic...that looks like a lot of the same type of stuff I eat! My war starts Saturday with our first official weigh in! (which will take place BEFORE we go to the grocery store since it's good for shock value)

April said...

That plate looked delicious! 6 miles definitely beats 0. Keep up the good work!