Sunday, July 10, 2011

Getting Back On Track

I've been bad.  Really bad. In general, I've kind of been sucking at life for the last 2 weeks.  Want a short list of the things I've been bad about?  Here ya go:

  • training
  • eating right
  • going to bed at a reasonable hour
  • getting up on time
  • cleaning/laundry/errands
  • spending time with the bunnies
  • reading
  • being organized
I'm two weeks into this training cycle and I've got almost nothing to show for it.  The weather has been nothing but hot and humid.  The holiday weekend distracted me.  A miserable headache (bordering on migraine) incapacitated me for most of the day on the 4th.  Work's been a handful and a half. 

However, none of those reasons are going to make me feel any better in September if I fail to reach my goal.  Thus, I seriously need to get back on track.  Fortunately, I was able to get a lot of "stuff" done this weekend and I should be in a pretty good place this coming week.  My laundry is done (I actually folded, ironed and put away everything I washed this weekend as opposed to letting it fester and wrinkle in a basket).  A meal plan has been made.  Groceries have been shopped for. 

I actually got out to the trails today to go for something that resembled a long run.  It took me an hour and a half to run 7 miles!  Normally I'd be upset, but by the time we made it out there, it was 90 degrees with 70% humidity.  The options were to go slow or not at all.  I picked slow...at least I put in some miles!

Now it's time for a little quality time with my little furry masters and a book before I head for bed.

What's your favorite way of getting back on track after a slump?

No comments: