Sunday, January 29, 2017

If At First You Don't Succeed

Repeat the week until you do.

I've been in a really bad funk for over a week.  All I've wanted to do is snuggle with the bunnies, sleep, practice yoga, and eat junk food - in that order.  Bike?  Yeah, one workout out of 3 happened.  Running?  Did that once.  Swimming? Said 'screw that' and took to my yoga mat instead.  I'll be repeating Week 3 of Sweet Spot Base training this coming week.

Bunnies make everything better

The only good-for-me thing (besides chilling with Walter and Spot) I did with any consistency this week was practice yoga, which was probably because it's one of the first things I do in the morning.  The Cave is far too cold in the morning, so I've been unrolling my mat in the very warm guest bedroom, perching my laptop on the bed, and doing my best not to smack the ceiling fan whenever I reach my arms up in mountain pose.


On the food front, I've eaten a lot of things that aren't good for me this week, but they sure as hell tasted good.  I've never met a tortilla chip that I don't like!


I feel like crap, but I know that eating crap and doing nothing isn't going to help.  Time to get out of the funk and back on the program. Time to start showing up again.



No comments: