Sunday, February 10, 2013

1 Is Better Than None?

Yeah...another not so hot week.  I don't like this theme!

Monday, February 4 - Wednesday, February 6: Between being buried at work and feeling 'not quite right', I was a sofa spud. On a positive note, I did manage to read an entire book in one sitting. On a negative note, I ate the better part of a pound of gummy bears.

(source)
Thursday, February 7: We got a lot of snow today.  My original intention was to go to the gym or the track, but the 2 1/2 mile drive home from work was unnerving and there was no way in hell I was driving again until the plows had a chance go through.

 I spent 45 minutes on the trainer, spinning my little heart out, and while the results were an improvement over my last trip to the 'Babe Cave', I'm still not happy.  I can't get anywhere close to where I was speed-wise on the roads last summer, much less anywhere near where I was on the trainer.  Sigh. I'll keep plugging away at it, but it's getting frustrating to see such small improvements.  I need some dramatic results!

This is NOT the kind of dramatic results I'm looking for!
 Friday, February 8: Mr. Fix-It's birthday was this weekend, so a party was in order!  There was homemade authentic Mexican food (which I was too busy shoving down my throat to bother taking pictures), beer, sledding, and a baby wearing bunny slippers!

If you think the slippers are adorable, you should have seen the baby that was wearing them!


Saturday, February 9: The roads were finally decent enough to make the 45 minute drive to the nearest outlet mall and return a few things, so we did - just under the 90 day return window!

Sunday, February 10: It was pouring rain all day - leading to shitty, icy roads. My house was a train-wreck. I cleaned. I organized. I did laundry. I didn't work out. *slaps own hand*

This not working out thing is getting old. Really old.

1 comment:

April said...

All you can do is keep working on the goal. Just like me hiking the AT...one foot in front of the other is the only way to make it.