Sunday, July 2, 2017

Sickness and Recovery (Steelhead Specialty: Weeks 1 & 2)

I kind of ran out of time to post last week, so we'll just lump the first two weeks of this training phase into one post - okay?

Week 1 was kind of horrible.  I was doing battle with some nasty mix of a cold and allergies, so sleeping through the night didn't happen and training was minimal.  I did manage to get out to the lake and finally swam my first full open water mile, so that made me happy.  I really needed to get that done for my peace of mind before my first olympic tri later this moth - and obviously before Steelhead.  Next on the swimming agenda is to get my ass in Lake Michigan for a swim.


Week 2 was a lot better.  I was finally able to sleep through the night again, so that really helped a lot.  Of course Mother Nature made running a little difficult since it kept storming!  Mr. R&R and I actually had to turn back on a ride on Thursday night because there was fairly deep water flowing across the bike path!


I'm really happy that the bike feels good again.  For a few weeks I was having a really hard time getting any speed on the bike and I couldn't stand being in aero for more than a minute or two at a time.  I was really starting to worry.

I rode a solid 40 miles with Mr. R&R today and I wasn't that far behind him for the most part!  The hour long run after that ride was another story.  My legs did not want to cooperate.  At least I have 6 more weeks to get it together!

Week 1 Stats:
Swim:     1,785 yards (1.01 miles)
Bike:       27.49 miles
Run:        3.76 miles
Strength: none

Total Time:        3 hours, 47 minutes
Total Distance:  32.26 miles

Week 2 Stats:
Swim:      2,025 yards (1.15 miles)
Bike:       62.81 miles
Run:        5.51 miles
Strength: 1 session (30 minutes)

Total Time:       4 hours, 25 minutes
Total Distance: 62.81 miles

June Totals:
Swim:       4.39 miles
Bike:        186.73 miles
Run:         31.97 miles
Strength:  2 sessions

Total Time:       23 hours, 54 minutes
Total Distance: 223.02 miles

Cumulative Distance: 1241.18 miles - the distance from Milwaukee to Salt Lake City, Utah!




No comments: