Sunday, February 22, 2015

Insanity Week 4: Getting Better. Getting Bored.



My focus this week wasn't the best.  I think I was suffering from a bad case of boredom.  I was bored with eating the same meals, doing the same workouts, and being cold all the time.  It's either boredom or burnout - and I'm really hoping it's boredom because that's a lot easier to fix than burnout.


Day 22:
The week started off with a trip to the grocery store (since we didn't make it on Sunday afternoon) and then a dose of Cardio Power and Resistance.  The scheduled workout was Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs, but we made an executive decision to flip flop Monday's and Tuesday's workouts in the interest of eating dinner before 10pm.  The workout actually felt pretty good.  I got through most of it with minimal breaks and enjoyed a nice little mood lift.  I really do love that part of working hard - I may not be in the mood to do it when I start, but I'm never unhappy once I've done it.

Day 23:
I may have escaped Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs on Monday, but I had to face it on Tuesday.  Honestly, it wasn't that bad.  Don't get me wrong - Cardio Abs was still a killer after Pure Cardio, but I was able to do a little more of it this week.  Perhaps my core is finally starting to get the message?

Day 24:
Both Mr. R&R and I were feeling completely run down, sore, and lethargic today.  After much discussion, we determined that an unscheduled rest day was in order and that Plyometric Cardio circuit was going to have to wait 24 hours.  We ate dinner at a reasonable hour, read for a while, played with the bunnies, and crashed hard by 10pm.

Day 25:
I think that yesterday's unscheduled rest day was exactly what I needed.  I woke up soreness-free and my head felt a lot less foggy.  My day at work included a meeting that had me seeing red and by the time I got home, Plyometric Cardio Circuit sounded like an absolutely fabulous idea - and it was.  I got through all 3 rounds of the warm up and the vast majority of the workout with out stopping.  It was definitely the best Plyo Cardio has ever gone for me - and I think I worked out some of my aggression along the way.

Day 26:
Wednesday's unscheduled rest day meant that Cardio Recovery was on tap for Friday night.  All those nice yoga poses and breathing exercises almost made up for the quad-burning pain of the deep squats and lunges.  All in all, I felt nice and relaxed and loose.  I was so relaxed that I even hoofed it up the street in the freezing cold (we're in the midst of an unseasonably cold deep freeze here) to have a martini with Mr. R&R and Who-Ha.

Day 27:
Responsibility is overrated sometimes.  What I should have done on Saturday: Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs, make a grocery list, do laundry, work, clean my bathroom.  What I actually did: Slept late, had lunch with my brother and sister, played with my nephew, schlepped to Trader Joe's for pizza ingredients and wine, consumed too much pizza (but a reasonable amount of wine), and had a Lazy Saturday. It was kind of glorious.  I wasn't worried about eating right, beating the hell out of my body, or anything like it.  I think it's what I needed.

Day 28:
The day in which I did some of the responsible things I didn't do yesterday: Pure Cardio, laundry, work.  I skipped Cardio Abs in favor of rushing over to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for our Oscar night tradition: homemade nachos.  Mr. R&R and I have eaten homemade nachos every Oscar night since 1998 - you can't mess with tradition!


Obviously this weekend was not the best in terms of clean eating, but I'm okay with that.  This (Insanity and my way of eating in general) is not a diet. It's a lifestyle.  And a big part of a lifestyle is life!


What did you do this weekend?  Did you watch the Oscars?  What'd you think?

No comments: