Sunday, January 13, 2013

Zero Week

Week 2 of the Great Wiggle War of 2013 (sounds catchier than 'trying to get my act together' - doesn't it?) is done.  Here's how it shook out:

Monday, January 7: Make plans to hit the gym with Mr. R&R after work.  Get news that sends all forms of motivation crashing through the floor.  The only running I did was to the refrigerator and the only lifting I did was moving the beer bottle from the table to my mouth.

Tuesday, January 8: Slept like crap on Monday night. Woke up an hour and a half before my alarm and couldn't get back to sleep.  What I Should Have Done: Haul my butt down the stairs to the bike trainer.  What I Did: Laid on living room floor reading while one of the bunnies used me as a jungle gym.  Felt like falling asleep driving home from work.  Gave up all pretenses of working out and went to bed at the grandmotherly hour of 9:30pm.

Wednesday, January 9: Pure laziness. 'Nuff said.

Thursday, January 10: Dinner with Little Sister and Mason.  I had plans to hop on the trainer after they left, but they were here until almost 10pm.  I'm okay with that because spending time with the people who are important to me will always matter more than a missed workout.

Don't ask why he's in the bathroom sink.  Just revel in the cuteness.

Friday, January 11:  A big old drama llama kicked up this week and by the time I got home, all I wanted was to crash on the couch and hope the stress headache I had developed went away.

Saturday, January 12: My brother was in town and since I rarely get to see him/talk to him/spend time with him, I opted for a long lunch with him followed by running errands and household tasks.

Sunday, January 13: Woke up to another coating of ice on every available surface.  Resigned myself to utter failure in the workout department this week.

There you have it - my first Zero Week of the year.  I'm sure it won't be the last one, but I find myself actually looking forward to Monday (tomorrow) and the fresh start that comes with it.

1 comment:

April said...

Awwww MASON!!!! You should start a fan page for him! Don't worry, the workout will come.