Sunday, January 27, 2013

It Is What It Is

This week didn't even hold a candle to last week, but like the post title says: It Is What It Is.


Monday, January 21: I swear that the universe does not want me to ride on the trainer.  I was all psyched up to ride for an hour and the following things happened:

  • Every time I tried to watch a video on YouTube, my Adobe flash plug-in crashed.  After multiple attempts to fix the problem, I got annoyed with how much time I was wasting and decided to listen to one of my Spotify playlists.
No YouTube for me...and I love spinning to this video!

  • Launched Spotify only to have my internet connection go down  about 2 1/2 minutes into the first song of the playlist.
No Spotify for me!
  •  Got irritated and launched iTunes - which doesn't have all the songs I wanted to hear, but it did the job.  
Of course by the time I got all my technical issues sorted out, I only had about 30 minutes left to ride, so I hopped on and busted my tail.  When I was done, I threw in another 10-15 minutes of strength training and stretching.

Tuesday, January 22: Rest day.  I got a flu shot, made dinner, and spent the night communing with the couch - and perusing race websites as I try to figure out what races I want to do this year.

Wednesday, January 23: I was planning to try out one of the longer flows on my new yoga dvd, but then someone set me off and suddenly hard core cardio was much more appealing.  To the 'Babe Cave'!  An hour later I was a gross, sweaty, and far less irritated mess.  My bike speed is nowhere near where it was 2 months ago, but it's getting a little better every time I ride.

Not nearly as cool as the Bat Cave, but it's all mine!

 Thursday, January 24: I looked at my schedule for the upcoming weekend and realized that I had two choices: A) Grocery shop tonight or B) Fight the Saturday crowds at the grocery store.  If you've been hanging around here for any length of time, you know that I loathe the grocery store in general, but find it even more loathsome when it's crowded, so off to the store I went.  By the time I made it home, purged a few lurking science experiments from the refrigerator and got everything put away, it was late and a desire for dinner beat out the desire to sweat.  On a positive note, my refrigerator and freezer are well stocked for a while - and I made cookies (which I promptly ate 4 of...damn)!

Friday, January 25: Mr. R&R and I had dinner plans with Maverick and Goose tonight, so I worked through lunch, planning on a quick change in my office, driving straight to The Track after work and cramming in a few quick miles before making a mad dash home to shower and get to the restaurant on time.  Of course, as soon as I shut down my computer my office phone started ringing - resulting in me being there for another half an hour - and my workout plans going out the window.  Dinner, however, was fabulous!

Saturday, January 26-Sunday, January 27: I found myself needing a weekend where I did nothing more than lay on the couch...so I took it.  I may not have worked out, but I did fine tune the recipe for some yummy cranberry white chocolate chip cookies (I'll try to post about those soon) and a lasagna - so the weekend wasn't a total loss!

Here's hoping next week's workout log looks more like Monday and Wednesday, and less like Thursday through Sunday!

No comments: