Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Letting Go

(source)
The quote and accompanying picture above pretty much sum up everything for me yesterday and today. 

In an attempt to let go (and trying to nicer to my body), I laced up my shoes and ran yesterday.  There was nothing remarkable about the distance (3 miles) or the pace (frighteningly slow since I haven't run in so long), but it was freeing.  Somewhere in those three miles I let go of everything else that's going on in my life.  The relief was short-lived as I came crashing back to reality shortly after I finished my run, but for that brief period of time, I felt better than I have in weeks.

Over the next few weeks I hope to return to some sort of reasonable fitness/healthy eating routine and in the process, begin letting go of all the things that have been weighing me down.

No comments: