Monday, August 8, 2011

Full Throttle

Last week was a good week.  I completed 2 out of 4 planned runs, made it to yoga on Wednesday night, and managed to make the 40 minute drive to my dad's house to go for a bike ride.

Tuesday:
Distance: 4.06 miles
Time: 40:10
Avg. Pace: 9:53

Wednesday:
Yoga!!!
This class is kicking the crap out of me...in a good way.  I was pouring sweat by the time I left the studio and I felt that workout for the next 2 days.  The biggest challenge of the night was attempting Eight Angle Pose:
source
I made several valiant attempts and managed to get part way there before crashing onto my mat.  I'll just add this pose to my: Things to Work On list!

Thursday and Friday were spent recovering from yoga.  To give you an idea of how much my core muscles hurt after that: I had to curl into the fetal position if I sneezed!

Saturday was a fun day.  The Husband and I visited the local zoo and spent a couple of hours wandering around and looking at all the animals.  My favorite was the camels.  He preferred the bonobos!
source
source
Yesterday was all about the long run.  When the alarm went off at 6:00am I was fully prepared to roll out of bed and get my run on, but the sounds of thunder and pouring rain convinced me to hit snooze for a couple of hours.  Finally, around 10:00am, the rain let up and I headed out.  The first couple of miles felt really good - and then the sun came out and it got hot!  I ended up walking most of the last mile (steep uphill through a construction zone), so I tacked on a little extra to make up for it.

Distance: 10.63 miles
Time: 1:50:11
Avg. Pace: 10:21

My next long run will be the Full Moon Half Marathon on Saturday.

After I got home, took a shower and chugged a nice, cold fruit smoothie, I crammed The Beast (aka my ancient trail bike) into the car and drove 40 minutes south to my dad's house.  As I've mentioned before, he's planning to attempt a century ride 5 weeks from now and he's really been slacking on his training.  Our original plan was to ride approximately 18 miles round-trip, with a pit stop at the beach where I'm considering attempting my first sprint triathlon next summer, but between my aching legs and his forgetting to eat all day before our ride, we cut it back to 11.5 miles.

Distance: 11.49 miles
Time: 1:00:30
Avg. Speed: 11.4mph

After going full-throttle most of the day, I crashed hard last night!

I spent tonight catching up on all the chores I neglected all weekend.  I can happily say that my laundry is done, my kitchen is clean and my shoe collection is no longer scattered all over the house!  All that's left to do is iron a few things so I have something to wear to work tomorrow!  On that note, I hear my dryer going off...time to iron (my least favorite chore of all).

What's your least favorite household task?

No comments: