Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Cheater Shorts

I'm not dead (obviously since I'm writing this blog post).  Honestly, I just haven't had much to say for the last few weeks.  The TLDR version of Base Week 6-8, Interim Week, and Build Week 1 is:

  • Swim
  • Bike
  • Run
  • Work
  • Eat
  • Sleep
  • Repeat

That said, I'm actually a little excited to get in the pool this week courtesy of my latest acquisition: Cheater Shorts.


Okay, they're actually neoprene shorts, but after watching Mr. R&R absolutely kill it in the pool while wearing a (borrowed) pair of these things, I had to get a pair and try them for myself.  They're basically wetsuit shorts and the idea behind them is that they simulate the buoyancy of a wetsuit while not boiling you alive in a (relatively) warm pool or destroying a rather expensive full body wetsuit in chlorine.  When Mr. R&R used them, he was done with his whole swim and hanging out in the hot tub before I even made it to the cool down!  He said that it definitely cut down on his fatigue that it felt like cheating - thus the term: Cheater Shorts

I'm hoping that by using them occasionally (provided that I actually like them) I can focus more on my stroke while simulating the position my body will be in on race day!

I'll do my best to report back soon!

No comments: