Part of my plan to get back into racing shape and keep running over the winter was to enter the Wisconsin Chilly Willy Run Series!
Chilly Willy is a series of 6 races between November 2015 - April 2016 including:
* 'Stache Dash 5k (November 7th)
* The Great Gobble Wobble 5k (November 26th)
*Last Call 5k/Half Marathon (December 6th)
*Janboree Frosty 5k (January 16th)
*Pi Day 5k (March 12th)
*First Call 5k/Half Marathon (April 10th)
Mr. R&R and I are both signed up for the series and we've both elected to do the half marathon at Last Call and First Call. I've run a couple of cold weather 10k races circa 2011/2012, but a half marathon in December and another in early April will definitely be a whole new challenge.
For my registration fee (I got to knock $25 off for being a TriWi member), I get:
* entry into all 6 events
* a sweet Chilly Willy Series hoodie (see above)
* professional chip timing for all the races
* a shirt from each race
* bling for the 'Stache Dash and both Half Marathons
I'm really excited for the series - and can't wait to see how it all turns out.