Monday, December 27, 2010

How Do You Eat An Elephant?

Management types and motivational speakers have asked and answered this question ad nauseum, but I think it makes sense in this case.


I'm going to attempt to eat one of the big elephants of distance running 18 weeks from now. I want to run another marathon. More specifically, I want to run this marathon:


From past experience (read: I've only done this once before), I know that the next 18 weeks of training aren't going to be easy. There will be days that I just don't want to work out. There will be days where it's cold and snowing. There will be days when I'd much rather see friends than go for a long run by myself. I also know that at the end of those 18 weeks there will be one day where I get to cross the finish line of my second marathon and spend the next few months feeling like I'm ten feet tall and bulletproof. If you've never had that feeling, I highly recommend it!

So here goes nothing!

(Per my training plan, today is supposed to be a day of rest, but since I was feeling antsy, the husband and I went for a freezing cold 5 mile walk!)

No comments: